This is a quick summary of the full article just published in July FDTimes.
SIGMA announced a major firmware update, V2.00, for their fp camera and the big news is support for RAW video recording.
SIGMA fp V2.00 Update
• DCI 4K 12-bit / HDMI RAW output.
• RAW recording via HDMI with Atomos Ninja V monitor-recorder. (Free AtomOS firmware update for Ninja V is required).
• Blackmagic RAW recording via HDMI with Blackmagic Video Assist 12G models. (Requires firmware update of Video Assist 12G models using Video Assist Update 3.3.)
• HDR in video shooting.
• Still and video shooting in Director’s Viewfinder mode.
• Support for Cinemagraph creation and playback. (Cinemagraph is a short, boomerang style video loop created in Cine mode, like the moving pictures in The Daily Prophet read by Harry Potter.)
• CinemaDNG playback.
• Still capture during live view and video shooting in Cine mode.
• Still image capture from video files (CinemaDNG, MOV) shot with the SIGMA fp.
• Camera control is compatible with the ZHIYUN Weebill S gimbal. Firmware update of the Weebill S is required. See ZHIYUN’s firmware release information about functions supported. Since not all functions will be supported in this firmware update, both SIGMA and ZHIYUN will continue working on this to make more functions compatible in future firmware updates.
• Camera control support in USB mode. The SDK (Software Development Kit) for controlling the camera is scheduled to be available by early July.
• Instruction message appears when attempting to use grayed-out items in the SHOOT menu
Enhanced or modified functions
• Dual Base ISO (ISO 100 and 3200)
• Improved AF (Autofocus) performance
• Improved accuracy with evaluative exposure metering.
• Improved image quality.
• CinemaDNG 25 and 29.97 fps (UHD 12-bit) shooting.
• CinemaDNG 100 fps (FHD 12-bit) shooting.
• CinemaDNG 100 fps and 119.88 fps (FHD 8-bit and 10-bit) shooting.
• “OFF” option available in Color mode.
• Exposure adjustment available in QS (Quick Set).
• Tone control setting “Auto (Mild / Strong)” available during movie shooting.
• USB Video Class (UVC) setting adjustments while the fp is connected to USB.
• Time code generation.
• Compatible with BWF format.
• Supporting file size changes at 7:6 aspect ratio.
• Supporting changes of shutter sound effect.
• The phenomenon of occasional flickering in dark areas of video scenes has been corrected.
• Bugs in USB Video Class (UVC) setting when connected to USB or during movie shooting have been corrected.
• Improved recording stability with recording media.
• Other minor bugs have been corrected.
DNG RAW Still Files
To develop RAW still photo data (DNG files) from the SIGMA fp with firmware Ver. 2.00, using SIGMA Photo Pro 6.7.4 software is required. Download the free update to SIGMA Photo Pro 6.7.4 when applying the fp ver.2.0 firmware update.