Quick. You’re shooting with an ARRI Alexa Mini and a new Alexa LF.
The Alexa Mini has a 21mm ARRI/ZEISS Master Prime. What lens do you choose to match the same field of view on the Alexa LF?
What happens if you put the 21mm on the LF?
You also have many other important, but vexing questions: image circles, crop factors, vignetting. Now, AbelCine’s new Field of View FOV Calculator 2 quickly and easily answers most of these mind numbing questions. Like:
- What Large Format lens do you need to match the same FOV (field of view) as the 21mm on the Mini?
2. What is the Alexa LF 4.4K Open Gate image area?
3. What is the pixel pitch?
4. Will a 21mm Master Prime vignette on the Alexa LF?
Andy Shipsides and the crew at AbelCine have updated the original, popular FOV Comparator.
The new FOV Tool 2.0 compares:
- camera and lens combinations
- a variety of sensor sizes
- recording resolutions
- aspect ratios.
- the new tool includes the latest cameras and even more lenses.
- You can now select a specific recording mode on one camera to compare with another. For instance, you can compare the 8K HD mode on the RED HELIUM to the HD mode on the ALEXA Mini.
- The latest full format cameras are there: Sony VENICE, ARRI ALEXA LF, and RED MONSTRO.
- Specify an image circle to overlay over the sample image to determine lens coverage
- The AbelCine FOV Tool 2.0 is a work in progress and will be updated with additional cameras and lenses — including an anamorphic mode and the ability to select different images.
Bookmark it and enjoy: