Canon’s new EOS M50 Interchangeable Lens Camera (ILC) is a mirrorless still camera that shoots 4K video. The 24.1 Megapixel sensor is APS-C format, approximately 22.3 x 14.9mm.
Although Canon calls the EOS M50 “an all-around, entry-level camera” it has many interesting and innovative features that surely will trickle up to other products in the Canon camera pyramid.
The mirrorless EF-M mount has a flange focal depth of 18mm, same as Sony E-mount. The Canon mount’s diameter is 47mm.
EOS M50 Features and specs:
- 24.1 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor
- approximately 22.3 x 14.9mm.
- Square pixels, each approx. 3.72 µm
- Aspect Ratio = 3:2
- RAW and JPEG stills
- Built-in OLED Electronic Viewfinder with Touch and Drag Autofocus
- Vari-Angle LCD touchscreen
- HD 120p High-frame video rate
- Video File Format: MP4 – MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
- Recording File Sizes: 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD), 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) and 1280 x 720 (HD)
- Frame Rates: [3840 x 2160]: 23.98 fps[1920 x 1080]: 59.94 fps / 29.97 fps / 23.98 fps
[1280 x 720]: 119.9 fps / 59.94 fps
- Automatic image transfer to compatible devices while shooting
- Silent Mode
- Dimensions (W x H x D) Approx. 4.6 x 3.5 x 2.3 in. (116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm)
- Weight: Approx. 12.4 oz. / 351g (body only)