Fujifilm released of the successor to their X-A2 mirrorless compact camera.
The Fujifulm X-A3 features the same large 3″ tiltable touch screen LCD for all those selfie-taking needs. While the marketing aims this new camera at younger photographers, Fujifilm hasn’t cut many corners in terms of specs. The most significant improvement seems to be the brand new 24.2MP APS-C sensor, rumored to be a Bayer sensor instead of their patented X-Trans. This is a solid step up from the X-A2s 16.3MP sensor. The topic of the benefits and shortcomings of the X-Trans sensor featured in the X-Pro series vs the Bayer sensor featured in the X-A series cameras has been a fierce topic of debate among Fujifilm owners. Continuing along the avenue of taking pictures of yourself, the X-A3 touts features such as touch autofocus, touch shoot, and touch zoom. The self-timer also now features ‘Smile Detection’, ‘Buddy Timer’, and ‘Group Timer’ modes. After taking your image, you have the ability to add 11 film simulation filters, or 10 advanced filters, as well as sending the image to your phone or tablet via Wi-Fi. The X-A3 Kit features the same XC16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS II lens as its predecessor.
The FUJIFILM X-A3 Kit (with XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II) will be available in October 2016 in the U.S. for USD $599.95. It will be available in Silver, Brown, and Pink.
FUJIFILM X-A3 Key Features:
- 2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Start-up time of 0.5 seconds
- AF speed of 0.3 seconds
- Shutter lag time of 0.05 seconds
- Shooting interval time of 0.4 seconds
- NEW – 49-point focus areas for AF in the Single Point mode
- Zone and Wide / Tracking modes with 77-point focus areas
- New functions -“Release Priority / Focus Priority” and “AF+MF”
- 3” (920K dot) high resolution touch LCD screen that can be tilted to 180°
- Class-leading macro photography distance of approximately 2.75”
- Full range of ISO200 – ISO25600
- In-camera RAW processing
- NEW – “PRO Neg.Hi” and “PRO Neg.Std.”and other film simulation modes
- NEW – Panorama and Time Lapse functions.
- NEW – Interlocking of Metering and AF areas, support for the Adobe RGB color space, and choice of different colors in Focus Peaking for assisting MF.Full HD recording (1080/60p, 50p, 24p)
- Wi-Fi image transfer and remote camera operation
- Photos can be sent to the INSTAX Share Printer using the free INSTAX Share App (iOS and Android) SHARE Smartphone Printer