Fujifilm USA announced a new addition to it’s X-Series lens lineup, the FUJINON XF 23mm F2 R WR. This APS-C format compact lens comes in at only 180g and is both weather and dust resistant. This lens pairs well with the recently released Fujinon XF 35mm F2 R WR. Overall, optically, one would expect the same great image quality that Fujifilm shooters have been reporting out of this lens as well, especially for its price.
The FUJINON XF23mmF2 R WR will be available in September 2016 for USD $449.95. It will initially be available in Black only.
More information from Fuji:
FUJINON XF23mmF2 R WR Key Features:
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design capable of operating at temperatures as low as 14°F / -10°C
- 10 elements in 6 groups with 2 aspherical elements
- Super EBC (Super Electron Beam Coating) ensures high performance by reducing both flare and ghosting
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- Minimum working distance of less than 9 inches
- Fast and silent autofocus of 0.05 seconds
- Compatible with the vented metal hood “LH-XF35-2” (also compatible with the XF35mmF2 R WR).
|Type||FUJINON LENS XF23mmF2 R WR|
|Lens construction||10 elements 6 groups
(includes 2 aspherical elements）
|Focal length (35mm full frame format equivalent)||f=23mm (35mm)|
|Angle of view||63.4°|
Number of blades
9（rounded diaphragm opening）
1/3 EV (19 steps)
|External dimensions: Diameter x Length (approx distance from camera lens mount flange）||Φ60mm x 51.9mm|
(excluding caps, hoods ）
Lens cap FLCP-43
Lens rear cap RLCP-001