With ARRI’s new Software Upgrade Packet SUP 5.0, your Alexa can now shoot up to 120 fps.
While SUP 5.0 is a free update for Alexa customers, its High Speed mode can only be activated through the purchase of a license key at the Alexa License Shop. Each license key is coded to a particular camera and can be selectively enabled or disabled, allowing rental facilities control over which cameras are sent out with High Speed mode.
High Speed mode allows Alexa cameras to shoot slow motion using Apple ProRes codecs (up to 422 HQ 16:9) on Sony SxS Pro 64 GB cards. By using the same Super 35 sensor area as Regular Speed mode, High Speed mode maintains the same depth of field and angle of view for all lenses.
Recording 120 fps requires the use of Sony’s new SxS Pro 64 GB cards. These cards provide twice the recording capacity at twice the data rate of previous SxS PRO 32 GB cards . If you don’t want to shell out for High Speeds, your SxS Pro 64 GB cards can record ProRes 4444 up to 60 fps (with SUP 5.0).
- 60 fps ARRIRAW over 3G Dual Link
- 60 fps HD-SDI 4:4:4 over 3G Dual Link
- 60 fps ProRes 4444 when using SxS PRO 64 GB cards
- Horizontal Image Mirroring (3D)
- ARRI Look Files for playback of QuickTime/ProRes Log C files
- Reel & clip number on MON OUT
- Secure camera display dimming
- Active look indication
- Dual record error handling
- Open Camera Access (OCA) initiative
- Support for Lens Data Display for Focus Puller (ALEXA Plus only)