Tag Archives: coronavirus
You probably tried to read various guidelines on going back to work on set or location. Your skepticism increased with each “it is highly recommended.” And you plowed through additional palaverous proposals of precautions for picking up production. Now, I’m no more qualified to give advice on getting back to work or working safely than some of the “experts” and magical thinkers expounding on TV, despite my few years in pre-med studies and a healthy skepticism of sheltering in place in a stunt coordinator’s “designated safe zone.” That’s too often the place where debris unexpectedly lands from an exploding car in a movie stunt, despite assurances to the contrary.
Recent cancellations of NAB, Micro Salon Italy, the Louvre, Met, Boston Marathon and many other gatherings means serious social distancing. Lone walks, bike rides or runs amid early blossoming of cherry trees is a good idea.
Film and Digital Times will continue to publish on time, online and on paper.
- Here are some of the things to look for:
- There will be expanded, free, online coverage as new products destined for now-cancelled NAB are introduced. Watch this space—in the NEWS and PRODUCTS columns.
- The pre-no-go-NAB FDTimes edition will come out mid to late April. Deadline for articles is April 2.
- There will be a second edition in early to mid May with all the things coming in after April 2.
- These April and May editions will be available in print and online as PDFs—free for all in a non-printable version, and a higher rez printable version for subscribers.