March 2, 2021—Grass Valley, CA. AJA Video Systems releases T-TAP Pro. It’s small, sturdy, silent and sits inconspicuously between your Thunderbolt 3 computer’s output and 4K TV or monitor’s HDMI or SDI input.
Nick Rashby, President of AJA Video Systems, explains it succinctly: “T-TAP Pro was developed for production professionals who require the highest quality video output wherever they’re working. This robust and powerful device enables monitoring and output of high bandwidth 4K/UltraHD and pristine HDR content directly from your laptop or desktop computer, with the power and convenience of a single Thunderbolt 3 cable.”
T-TAP Pro is about the size of a small box of Lipton Instant Soup Mix: 5” x 5” x 1” — and weighs about 8 ounces. Best of all, it is silent—quiet on set. The sound recordist will not be prowling in search of a noisy fan ruining whispered words in a dramatic, critical close-up.
AJA T-TAP Pro is essentially the key to viewing 4K or HD via 12G-SDI or HDMI 2.0 inputs from from any supported Thunderbolt 3-enabled Mac or PC. (UHD and 2K as well.)
For example, you’re a colorist, grading in 4K. Many post production suites use affordable consumer LG OLEDs like the 77-inch LG CX 77 as client monitors. Or you are grading remotely, at home. You may enjoy the LG CX 55 at $1,440. These TVs have HDMI inputs. The T-TAP Pro is the go-between from computer to TV.
Or, picture this: you’re on set reviewing dailies or rough cuts with a Thunderbolt3 enabled Mac or PC running an NLE or playback app. Connect AJA T-TAP Pro between computer and monitor.
T-TAP Pro is compatible with Apple Final Cut Pro; Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, and Character Animator; Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools; and more.
AJA technology partners, including Colorfront, are working on support for T-TAP Pro on Colorfront Express Dailies, Colorfront On-Set Dailies, Colorfront Transkoder and Colorfront Streaming Player.
T-TAP Pro manages audio in the multi-channel embedded SDI and HDMI streams. You can plug headphones into its standard 3.5mm stereo connector to monitoring analog audio or connect to an external analog audio mixer.
T-TAP Pro specs include:
- Thunderbolt 3 input (single cable).
- Silent-running for quiet on set.
- 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 simultaneous output on both connectors.
- 4K/UltraHD/HD output over SDI and HDMI up to 60p over a single cable.
- up to 4K 10-bit and 12-bit 60 fps uncompressed 12G-SDI video output.
- up to 4K 10-bit 60 fps uncompressed HDMI v2.0 video output.
- HDR support for Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and HDR10; Dolby Vision via the AJA Software Development Kit (SDK); HDR signaling over both HDMI and SDI.
- up to 16-channel embedded SDI audio output.
- up to 8-channel embedded HDMI audio output.
- Front panel audio levels reference display.
- 2-channel 3.5mm headphone output with rotary knob adjustment.
- Because T-TAP Pro devours more power than the Thunderbolt bus can provide, an external power supply is provided. Included power supply, 18W Max.
- T-TAP Pro is available now for $795 US MSRP via AJA’s worldwide reseller network.
- AJA Control Panel software application shows how the T-TAP Pro is configured and lets you make changes.