ARRI Inc. is looking for an experienced Lens Service Technician at their new, state-of-the-art service center in Burbank, California. This is a full-time position: responsible for repairs of ARRI, ZEISS and other professional cine lenses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Performing repairs
- Evaluating the performance, condition and quality control of new and used cine lenses
- Troubleshooting and identifying equipment issues
- Providing estimates of repairs for clients
- Maintenance and repair of ARRI Cine Lenses, including third party manufacturers
- Providing technical phone support on service-related issues and customer repair questions
- Keeping track of parts and supplies
- Working with the service manager to maintain stock
- Visiting customers, rental houses and sets to troubleshoot/repair company products
- Work with the ARRI global service organization to support the worldwide database and 24/5 coverage
- Participate in demos and workshops on camera and lens equipment for potential clients
- Support in-house staff trainingQualifications and Required Skills:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 6 years in Optical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent hands-on industry knowledge and, after the initial training period, will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
· Experience in servicing and repairing professional cinema lenses, video lenses, and full frame lenses from Zeiss, Fujinon, Angenieux, Cooke, Leica, Canon, and others
· Understanding digital cine production, workflows, cinematography, and/or post-production environments
· Exceptional optical and mechanical skills
· Basic knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Software, and MAC OS
· Excellent communication skills and the capability to explain and communicate about complex technical matters
· Ability to handle stressful situations professionally and interact with coworkers and clients respectfully
· Willingness to travel internationally, as necessary, to headquarters and manufacturers, visiting customers, trade shows and set locations
· Organization and attention to detail
ARRI measures success by customer satisfaction, industry reputation, and the development and professional growth.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. ARRI Inc. offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, vacation, holiday and sick/personal leave, as well as a 401k and profit sharing plan.
ARRI INC. is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact: Arricareers (at) arri.com