What’s new in the new Preston Hand Unit HU4
- 35% lighter weight than HU3 with Micro Force zoom.
- Adjustable focus knob drag.
- LED triplet provides uniform focus scale illumination.
- Super-rugged tactile switches rated for 10 million cycles.
- Menu items can be accessed either by tactile keys or touch screen entry.
- Large sunlight-visible 4.63″ diagonal display.
- Large display fonts make lens data easy to read.
- Reversible black/white background for interior/exterior use.
- Focus, Iris, and Zoom scales are precisely represented.
- Non-linear iris scales are mapped to a linear scale.
- Squeeze and expand lens scales. Focus scale resolution increases as scale is expanded.
- Travel limits shown for focus, Iris, and zoom lens rings.
- Separate limits available for focus distance and LR2.
- Iris control can be re-assigned to control the LR2 AF zones via touch.
Integral Zoom / Joystick Control
- The familiar Preston Micro Force control with the famous red button is built in.
- It also becomes a joystick when assigned to control position and size of the Auto-Focus zone of Light Ranger 2.
- Joystick also functions to navigate the HU4 menus.
Switches on the molded handgrip control LR2 functions
- You don’t have to let go of the handgrip to switch from Manual to Autofocus control with the Light Ranger 2
- Normal/Hybrid Mode: transition from Manual to Autofocus.
- Freeze: freeze lens focus in Autofocus mode.
- Allocate switch functions according to user preferences.
Lemo Ports for:
- Command cable (to hard-wire HU4 to MDR).
- External zoom control.
- Serial updater module to transfer lens library data to and from cell phone via Bluetooth link.
- Wgt. w/ battery (Sony alpha series NP-FZ-100) 1.1kg (2.4 lb).
- Coming soon: Camera control for selected models.
Download 3-page PDF with complete information: