Version 2.3 Software update for Blackmagic URSA cameras now online at blackmagicdesign.com/support.
- 150 fps recording in 1920 x 1080 HD window mode
- ProRes 444 XQ
- Recording onto 2 CFast 2 cards simultaneously in RAW, with higher frame rates in RAW
- Support for the new V2 4K URSA image sensor which allows Ultra HD capture to 120 fps.
1. Window mode is, well…like a window looking out onto a smaller area of the 4K sensor. It looks at a 1920 x 1080 area in the center of the sensor. This lets you shoot higher frame rates than possible when using the whole sensor.
2. ProRes 444 XQ codec enables data files from Blackmagic URSA cameras to be compatibile with DaVinci Resolve and Final Cut Pro X and other systems that like ProRes .
3. Recording RAW to two CFast 2 cards simultaneously sends every second RAW frame to to alternate CFast 2 cards. The recording data rate is doubled compared to using a single card. Using 2 CFast 2 cards at the same time allows higher data rates, which is helpful when recording RAW.
4. New URSA 4K v2 image sensor that allows higher frame rates will be shipping with new URSA cameras. It lets you shoot full resolution 4K up to 120 fps. Because Blackmagic URSA is user upgradable, this new sensor will also be offered as a DYI upgrade.. Details to follow.