On the Red Carpet at Cannes, our favorite “Egerie” (Icon) of Angénieux, Linda Carriel, with (left to right) Mrs Pierre Andurand, Mr Pierre Andurand, President of Thales Angenieux, Mr Pierre-William Glenn, President of CST, Linda Carriel, Mr Dominique Rouchon, International Sales Director.
Angénieux returned to the Cannes Film Festival again in May 2012.
It was the 65th Cannes Festival. And, for more than 75 years, Angenieux has been designing and manufacturing zooms for cinema.
Here are some of the films at Cannes that used Angénieux zooms.
- DE ROUILLE ET D’OS /Rust and Bone directed by Jacques Audiard – Cinematographer: Stéphane Fontaine – Optimo 24-290 and Optimo 28-76.
- HOLY MOTORS directed by Leos Carax – Cinematographer: Caroline Champetier – Optimo 25-250 HR.
- COSMOPOLIS directed by David Cronenberg – Cinematographer : Peter Suschitzky – Optimo 15-40.
- SUR LA ROUTE /On the Road directed by Walter Salles – Cinematographer: Eric Gautier – Optimo 28-76.
- LAWLESS directed by John Hillcoat – Cinematographer: Benoit Delhomme Optimo 24-290, Optimo 28-76 and Optimo 15-40.
- DO-NUI-MAT (L’IVRESSE DE L’ARGENT/ The Taste Of Money) directed by IM Sang-soo – Cinematographers: Woo-Hyung Kim and Kim Sung-kyu – Optimo 24-290.
Un Certain Regard
- TROIS MONDE /Three Worlds directed by Catherine Corsini – Cinematographer: Claire Mathon – Optimo 17-80 and Optimo 28-76.
- LA PIROGUE / The Pirogue directed by Moussa Toure – Cinematographer: Thomas Letellier – Optimo 24-290.
- RENOIR directed by Gilles Bourdos – Cinematographer: Mark Lee Ping Bin – Optimo 24-290 and Optimo 28-76.
Quinzaine des Réalisateurs
- CAMILLE REDOUBLE directed by Noémie Lvovsky – Cinematographer: Jean Marc Fabre – Optimo 17-80.
Out of competition
- THERESE DESQUEYROUX directed by Claude Miller – Cinematographer: Gerard de Battista – Optimo 24-290.
- LES BARBOUZES/ The Great Spy Chase (1964) directed by Georges Lautner – Cinematographer: Maurice Fellous – Angenieux 35-140 and “bonnette” 28-75.
Presentation of the new Optimo 28-340 and Optimo 19.5-94
Angénieux presented, for the first time in France, its new Optimo 28-340 and Optimo 19.5-94 models at Cannes.
The presentation took place at the CST stand on Thursday, May 17th, in the company of regular users of the company’s equipment, including Cinematogaphers, Producers, equipment suppliers and other representatives.
The Vulcain Prize Jury
Jean-Yves Le Poulain, product manager at Thales Angénieux, and consultant member of the AFC (French association of directors of cinematography) was part of the prestigious jury of the Vulcain prize. The Vulcain Prize of the Technical Artist is awarded to individuals for their collaboration in the creation of a movie.