Here are additions and changes to the FDTimes November 2021 report on DJI’s Ronin 4D.
New firmware, when the camera ships soon, will let you:
- Use the Remote Monitor to view and control the main monitor interface with “Mirror Control Mode.”
- Stream a clean video feed via HDMI and SDI ports on the Remote Monitor Expansion Plate with no overlaid information
- Support automatic calibration for some third-party autofocus lenses to take advantage of the LiDAR Focusing System functions.
The Ronin 4D will not support internal compressed RAW (Apple ProRes RAW) recording at launch.
- But, Apple ProRes 4444 XQ will be available through a firmware update later in 2022.
- As a result of this change in specifications, the list price of the Ronin 4D-6K Combo is being lowered to $6,799.