Read all about it. The new ARRI Hi-5 is featured in Film and Digital Times August 2021 edition. Download free PDF.
- Tail Slate Mode protects you from the muscle memory impulse to cut when the Director says “Cut.”
- The display screen lets you navigate by touch or buttons.
- There are 10 pre-engraved focus rings. A smart chip is embedded within each ring and the Hi-5 automatically adjusts accordingly.
- OCU-1 Camera Operator override and Focus Puller handoff is seamless and good.
- Hi-5 has a built-in base so it can rest at a comfortable angle on a flat surface like your Inovativ Echo camera cart’s top shelf.
- A pivoting bracket slides onto the Hi-5’s top NATO rail to support a monitor.
- Three different Radio Modules plug into the rear of Hi-5 for different ranges and regions.
- All Hi-5 units include ALEXA camera control by default. Sony and RED camera control is planned with a future software update.
- Focusbug Cine RT Ultrasonic Rangefinder System integration is expected with future firmware updates.