“Video Village is a dot on the horizon. The walkie barks for a quick reset. The sun is setting.”
That’s how Teradek introduces their new Bolt 4K LT MAX wireless video system. This good and terse writing style catches your imagination. It follows the 1917 Kansas City Star Style Sheet used by Hemingway:
- Use short sentences. Use short first paragraphs.
- Use vigorous English. Be positive, not negative.
- Never use old slang. Slang to be enjoyable must be fresh.
- For example, in 2021, Hemingway would never have written: “Leveraging an end-to-end workflow solution for cloud deliverables of scalable assets in a pipeline backbone ecosystem.”
And so Teradek’s new Bolt 4K LT MAX sends and receives DCI 4K, 10-bit HDR, zero-delay video from camera to crew and video village over a line-of-sight distance of more than 5,000 feet, in a lighter, smaller, less power-hungry, more affordable 4K wireless video transmitter and receiver system.
The Bolt 4K LT MAX has a third-generation Amimon 4K chipset inside. It works with the full Bolt 4K lineup: Bolt 4K, Bolt 4K LT, and Bolt 4K Monitor Modules.
“The Bolt 4K LT line is the onramp to 4K and HDR on-set monitoring, but it has been missing an ultra long-range powerhouse,” said Greg Smokler, General Manager of Cine Production at Creative Solutions. “We’ve taken the pocket-sized envelope of the 4K LT and packed in the incredible long-range performance of the full Bolt 4K MAX, resulting in an excellent balance of size and performance.”
Bolt 4K LT MAX System
- SDI: 4:2:2, 10-bit; HDMI: RGB 4:4:4, 8-bit
- 4K 23.98/24/25/29.97/30 fps (HDMI only)
- up to 1080p23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60 (SDI)
Bolt 4K LT MAX TX (Transmitter)
- Video Inputs: 3G-SDI BNC; HDMI 1.4b Type-A
- Video Output: 3G-SDI BNC
- SDI transmits metadata, timecode, and start/stop flags from most camera manufacturers.
- Power: 6-28 VDC; Gold Mount or V-Mount battery; up to 9 watts.
- Dimensions: 2.4” x 4.1” x 1.3” (60 x 103 x 33mm)
- Weight: 7.3 oz (206 g)
Bolt 4K LT MAX RX (Receiver)
- Video Output: 3G-SDI BNC; HDMI 1.4b Type-A
- Dimensions: 4.8” x 3.7” x 1” (122 x 94 x 27mm)
- Weight: 10.3 oz (292 g)
- Power Input: 6-28 VDC; Gold Mount or V-Mount battery; up to 11 watts.