Blackmagic Camera 6.9.3 Update is available now as a free download from the Blackmagic Design website for the original Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K camera.
The Update adds menus, screen overlays, setup and monitoring information in 11 different languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese or Korean.
3D LUTs can be embedded directly into Blackmagic RAW clips or as metadata within the .BRAW files. In DaVinci Resolve, these 3D LUTs are easy to access because they travel with the .BRAW file.
You can now disable the HFR button to prevent accidentally changing the frame rate. The HFR button can also be remapped, as can the VTR and return buttons on Cine‑servo PL and B4 lenses. Timecode can be locked to the SDI input; jam sync timecode is maintained between power cycles; and the ND filter icon is always visible on status text when in use.
Audio improvements include being able to choose between -18 or -20dB audio alignment levels. Sidetone adjustment for talkback has been added so camera operators can speak loudly in noisy locations while keeping their voice mixed down in their earpiece. Line level XLR input signals can now also be adjusted and audio meters have improved response.
Blackmagic OS has been updated and now adds ⅓ stop ISO increments to the ISO slider. Media cards can be switched easily from the heads-up display. New 2:1, 1:1 and 5:4 frame lines have been added. Bet of all you can now work with custom frame lines. Media formatting is more intuitive so there is less chance to accidentally format a card.
Blackmagic Camera 6.9.3 Update also adds general performance improvements. Auto exposure response and performance has been improved, as well as playback of renamed clips.
This update brings the original URSA Mini Pro 4.6K software up to the level of the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 and URSA Broadcast.
Blackmagic Camera 6.9.3 Features
- Support for 11 popular languages.
- Adds common off speed frame rate options above slider.
- Ability to embed custom LUTs in Blackmagic RAW clips.
- Ability to disable or remap function and HFR buttons.
- Remapping of VTR and Ret buttons on B4 lenses.
- Improved compatibility for embedded audio on SDI outputs.
- Sidetone level adjustment.
- Improved ballistics and scaling of audio meters.
- Choice of -18 or -20dB reference levels for audio meters.
- Quick media switching from the heads up display.
- Support for HDR metadata in SDI output.
- ‘LUT’ icon to status text overlays.
- ‘PRE’ icon to status text overlays for preset timecode.
- 2:1, 1:1 and 4:5 monitoring frame guides.
- Customizable frame guides.
- Ability to lock timecode to SDI Input.
- Better jam sync timecode functionality.
- Improved stability when using external or program reference.
- Improved accuracy of status text on SDI outputs.
- Improved ND filter status text.
- Improved auto exposure speed and performance.
- Improved media formatting user interface.