Canon announced a new Super35 4K camera today: the EOS C300 Mark III.
It is the cover story of the Film and Digital Times April 2020 Edition, going online at 8:05 pm EDT tonight. A free access PDF will be available for everyone to download at the top left of the fdtimes.com home page.
Meanwhile, a few quick details:
- Records Cinema RAW Light and XF-AVC internally.
- 4K 120 fps Cinema RAW Light internal recording.
- Electronic image stabilization.
- Dual Gain Ouput Sensor with improved dynamic range.
- Dual Pixel Focus Guide eyepiece display shows whether you’re near focused or far and when you’re right on, it glows green.
- HDR support for both HLG and PQ.
Th EOS C300 Mark III estimated retail price was just announced: around $10,999 and available later this year.
Canon is also introducing the new CINE-SERVO 25-250 mm T2.95-3.95 Zoom Lens for Super35 format. It has a built-in 1.5x Extender. This provides a range of 37.5 – 375 mm. With the 1.5x Extender, the lens covers Full Frame.
The CINE-SERVO 25-250 is scheduled to ship later in 2020 for an estimated retail price of $29,999.00