No one at BSC Expo could have missed the significance of having most of the major cine manufacturers embracing the new, larger format, variously called Full Frame – Full Format – Large Format — VV Format: ARRI, Panavision, RED, Sony.
Panavision’s large-format camera has the new RED MONSTRO 8K VV sensor and Light Iron color2 science (LiColor2) inside. Like the DXL, the DXL2 mount is SP70 with 40mm flange focal depth to accept Panavision Primo 70 and Artiste lenses. Almost all Panavision and other cine lenses fit as well with various mounts or adapters.
Since its introduction at Cine Gear 2016, the DXL has been used on over 20 feature films, and many television shows, commercials and music videos.
- RED MONSTRO 8K VV sensor
- Sensor Size 40.96 x 21.60 mm (46.31 mm diagonal)
- High dynamic range
- improvements in image quality and shadow detail
- native ISO setting 1600
- ProRes 4K up to 60 fps
- Viewing in log format using Light Iron color science.
- integrated PX-Pro color spectrum filter custom-made for the DXL offers an increase in color separation and color accuracy.
- Built-in Preston MDR module — consisting of wireless receiver and lens motor driver (Focus, Iris, Zoom) paired to Preston hand units and Preston Light Ranger 2.
- Each DXL2 camera can ship with Preston Light Ranger 2 focus assist/auto focus unit
- 24v power
- Anamorphic flare attachment (AFA) available to introduce flares to spherical lenses.
The DXL2 with LiColor2 streamlines 8K production to post with convenient and quick access to the RAW “digital negative” while letting you work in “direct to edit” without delay.
DXL2 cameras are ready to rent now from Panavision worldwide.
For more information: www.panavision.com/dxl.