When bouncing around in a Zodiac, with spray and salt stinging, you have always dreamed of a waterproof, stabilized, shockproof digital camera for video and stills. It’s finally here: Nikon’s new 1 AW1. Whether you’re shooting training videos on the college racing circuit, at the Olympics, or flying at 45 mph on Oracle’s AC45 America’s Cup catamaran, the 1 AW1 shoots simultaneous stills and video with interchangeable lenses.
- Waterproof down to 49 feet
- Shockproof for drop from 6.6 feet
- Freezeproof (to 14° F)
- Built-in GPS, altimeter, depth gauge, compass, and underwater controls
- 14.2 MP CX-format CMOS sensor
- ISO 160 – 6400
- Full 1080p HD Video
- Extremely fast 73-point auto focus
- Continuous “motor drive” stills up to 15 fps with AF
- You can set camera even with gloves on
- Wi-Fi with optional WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter
- Uses interchangeable, new 1 NIKKOR AW lenses
- Also uses non-waterproof 1 NIKKOR lenses
- Available in October 2013 in black, silver and white.
11-27.5mm 2.5x zoom f/3.5-5.6
(30-74 mm equivalent 35mm format)
- 10 mm f/2.8 lens
- With 11-27.5mm lens: $799.95 (SRP)
Skins for 1 AW1
This is sort of like your iPhone case: a customized way to look cool and soften impacts when the camera tumbles onto the hard, fiberglass floor of your coach boat.
For more information on the Nikon 1 AW1 with Interchangeable Lens System: www.nikonusa.com