Blackmagic Cinema Camera
Blackmagic Cinema Camera (2.5K sensor) EF and MFT models will be reduced in price to US $1,995. Orders placed that have not yet been filled can be reduced to the new lower price. The Blackmagic Cinema Camera includes an SSD recorder, rechargeable battery, and a large 5” LCD touchscreen for monitoring, metadata entry, camera settings and focus.
- Available in either EF (Canon) or MFT (Micro Four Thirds) lens mount models.
- 13 stops of dynamic range.
- 2.5K sensor.
- Built in SSD recorder.
- Open file formats compatible with popular editing software such as CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW, Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD. No custom file formats.
- Raw recording is uncompressed 12 bit CinemaDNG RAW.
- No custom connectors. Standard jack mic/line audio in, BNC 3 Gb/s SDI out, headphone, high speed Thunderbolt I/O technology, LANC remote control and standard DC 12-30V power connection.
- Capacitive touch screen LCD for camera settings and “slate” metadata entry.
- Supports 2.5K and 1080HD resolution capture in 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 fps.
- Thunderbolt connection allows direct camera capture via included Media Express software and supports live waveform monitoring via the included Blackmagic UltraScope software.
- Includes a full copy of DaVinci Resolve color grading software.
New Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera now shipping
The new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is now shipping, and there is a software update for it posted on the Blackmagic Design website support page. You can now focus by pushing the focus button when using an active MFT lens. The focus peaking feature is still there, and you enable it by double pressing the focus button. The focus zoom feature is enabled by double pressing the OK button.
Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
The Blackmagic Production Camera 4K is not yet shipping. We learned that the first batch of sensors were delivered this week. Blackmagic expects to start shipping in about three to four weeks once the final software work and testing is completed.
HyperDeck Software 3.8 Update
- Adds 6G-SDI output on the HyperDeck Studio Pro
- On screen menus to both HyperDeck Studio models, where users can set formats and other features.
- New ethernet remote control support. This allows you to connect HyperDeck to a network, set the IP address of the HyperDeck in the menu and then Telnet into the HyperDeck to get control. If you type play, the HyperDeck will play and if you type stop, then HyperDeck will stop. You can get clip lists and all kinds of control functions. Additional details can be found in the instruction manual. This update is free of charge and on the website now.
DaVinci Resolve 9.1.5 Update
- small software update for DaVinci Resolve 9 that adds improved compatibility with Avid Media Composer 7.0 round trip
- supports reel names in Final Cut Pro X XML
- adds support for Avid EuControl Software Package Version 3.0
- improves handling of multi track Quicktime audio files
- adds improved Cinema DNG file format support.
Desktop Video 9.7.7 Update
- now adds support for the 4K DCI modes
- adds improved compatibility for HDMI on the UltraStudio 4K and the DeckLink 4K Extreme models
- improved support for Avid Media Composer for the UltraStudio Mini Recorder and DeckLink Mini Recorder models.
This new software update is available now for download from the website.