Chrosziel unleashed a DP’s inner Meccano Erector Set at Cinec.
The Cage Project by Chrosziel is a prototype modular cage for cameras like the Canon C300 / 500 and should fit most DSLRs. It comes in a case with color-coded components, follow-focus, handle, modular bars, rods, rosettes, handgrips, and tools.
Because it’s modular, you should be able to use it on almost any camera, now or in the future. The hardened aluminium alloy components are lightweight and durable.
- compatibile with Chrosziel’s lightweight supports
- 1/4″ and 3/8″ threads are positioned around the camera for monitors, handles, accessories.
- accommodates Chrosziel’s accessory bridge 401-36 for 15 mm rods (optional)
- laterally adjustable shoulder pad (optional)
- mounting plate for most batteries by Anton/Bauer, PAG and IDX (optional)
- sliding carrying handle
- additional ideas to be continued…
Chrosziel invites user suggestions. Camera professionals are invited to contribute their ideas and suggestions at http://forum.chrosziel.com.
Forum members may request a test version of the cage by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that there are only a limited amount of test kits available.
Towards the end of 2012, Chrosziel will randomly pick a winner among registered forum users to receive a brand-new cage.
Pingback: Halfsilk | Gear for Filmmakers » Chrosziel Cage Project