Location: New York, NY
Department: Service – NY
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
AbelCine is a supplier to the motion picture, broadcast and new media industries. They offer sales, training, rental, repair and finance services to the professional production community with offices in NY, CHI and LA. The NYC headquarters is currently seeking a Service Technician to join our growing Service team. The focus of this position is to provide repair, maintenance, cleaning and quality assurance of professional cinema and broadcast lenses ranging from 35mm, 16mm, HD 2/3” formats. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, hard working individual to participate in our exciting and fast paced company.
This position would encompass the following key responsibilities:
- Maintenance and repair of lenses
- Assessment for client repair and service needs (provide accurate estimates and turnaround times)
- Evaluation, inspection, prep, and quality control of new and used lenses and optical adapters for sale
- Perform work as assigned on the service repair list and maintain list of jobs
- Correspond with clients and other departments to troubleshoot or to explain technical matters
- Perform electronic and servo repairs as necessary
- Assist with departmental organization (inventory, maintenance of service equipment, cleanliness of shared and public workspaces)
- Provide technical support for rental clients on the floor when necessary
Requirements for the successful applicant:
- Bachelors degree or greater in Filmmaking/Digital Cinema, or equivalent technical, hands-on industry experience
- Optical and / or mechanical repair and troubleshooting experience with film, video, still lenses and cameras
- Exceptional communication skills, including professional correspondence skills (grammar, spelling, etc.) are a must.
- Organization and attention to detail are also a must
- Ability to work well with clients and coworkers to hit deadlines
- Strong computer skills and Mac OS experience. Experience with Filemaker Pro a plus
This is a full time, non-exempt salaried position with benefits.
AbelCine offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with work experience and/or education.
AbelCine is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
Interested? Inquire here!